Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Issue in compiling postgres on latest macOS 14.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Shaik Mohammad Mujeeb <smmujeeb2001@gmail.com> writes:
> Sorry for not providing the context properly in the previous mail. I have
> recently updated to macOS 14.1.1 and tried to compile postgres. I have
> mentioned the steps I had followed and the output of those steps in the
> attached file. I am getting the same error during build time for all the
> branches [ REL_14_STABLE, REL_15_STABLE, master, etc,. ]. Please note that
> the same steps were working fine, when I was in macOS 13.

Hm.  There's not anything obviously wrong in this make trace, until
it blows up trying to use libpgcommon.a.  I think there must be
something wrong with your tool chain.  Ideas to check:

* Did you update Xcode/Command Line Tools along with your OS?
If you use Xcode, note that you typically have to open it and
let it install derived files before everything's up to date.

* If you use MacPorts or Homebrew, maybe that's out of date?
Try removing the associated directories from your PATH to see
if it works better.

* It doesn't look like you're using ccache, but if you are,
flushing its cache might not be a bad idea.