Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb, unicode escapes and escaped backslashes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 01/27/2015 12:24 AM, Noah Misch wrote:
>> +1 for splitting development that way.  Fixing the use of escape_json() is
>> objective, but the choices around the warning are more subtle.

> OK, so something like this patch? I'm mildly concerned that you and I
> are the only ones commenting on this.

Doesn't seem to me like this fixes anything.  If the content of a jsonb
value is correct, the output will be the same with or without this patch;
and if it's not, this isn't going to really improve matters.

I think coding anything is premature until we decide how we're going to
deal with the fundamental ambiguity.