Re: [BUGS] BUG #14582: ecpg crashes on SQL input

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14582: ecpg crashes on SQL input
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> Could you try the attached patch please?

Wow, that's certainly a bug fix, and it does stop the crash in 9.6 for me,
but I'm not sure that I follow how come the failure seems to be version-
and data-dependent.  It looks like, because of this bug, you ought to
reliably have a double free() occurring any time there's more than one
dollar-quoted constant in ecpg's input.  Why doesn't glibc notice?

I think that in most cases, the malloc block used for dolqstart would have
been handed out again for another temporary string by the time we reach
the second dollar-quoted constant, so the second free(dolqstart) in itself
wouldn't look like an error to glibc.  But when the temporary string is
freed for real, a bit later, that should result in an error.  Does ecpg
leak a large fraction of its temporary strings?