Re: recovery.conf location

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: recovery.conf location
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 6:29 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>>> I noticed that there's no way to specify the location of recovery.conf
>>> in postgresql.conf.

>> +1
>>
>> That parameter would be useful when user makes multiple standbys see
>> the same recovery.conf located in NFS or elsewhere.

> Maybe i'm missing something but this would be a problem if we put a
> trigger file and the recovery.conf gets renamed to recovery.done, no?

Yeah.  The original design for recovery.conf envisioned that it has only
a short lifespan while you're doing an archive recovery.  Putting
parameters for slave operation into it has contorted things beyond
recognition.  I think we really need to take two steps back and
reconsider the whole "parameters" versus "status" distinction there.

This is pretty tightly tied to the ongoing argument about where to keep
parameters for synchronous replication, too.