Re: [HACKERS] Broken atomics code on PPC with FreeBSD 10.3

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Broken atomics code on PPC with FreeBSD 10.3
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> The only point I'm making here is that the width of a spinlock is not
> irrelevant.

Sure, but it does not follow that we need to get all hot and bothered
about the width of pg_atomic_flag, which has yet to find its first
use-case.  When and if its width becomes a demonstrable issue,
we'll have some work to do in this area ... but that was true already.

> All things being equal
> I still think a narrower one is significantly better than a wider one,
> but we can always leave solving that problem to a day when the
> difference can be proved out by benchmarks.

I think we can agree on that conclusion.