Re: Q: fixing collation version mismatches

От Daniel Verite
Тема Re: Q: fixing collation version mismatches
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> Which is why my question still stands: does the above
> three-strikes operation safely take care of any collation
> issues that may currently exist in a database ?

For the indexes, yes, but theorically, all constraints involving collatable
types need a recheck.

For foreign key constraints with non-deterministic collations, there
might be equality tests that pass with an older Unicode version and fail
with a newer Unicode version.

For check constraints as well, checks applied to strings with recent
Unicode characters can give different results after an upgrade.

Best regards,
--
Daniel Vérité
https://postgresql.verite.pro/