Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE .. ALTER COLUMN .. ERROR: attribute .. has wrong type

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] ALTER TABLE .. ALTER COLUMN .. ERROR: attribute .. has wrong type
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Here's a first attempt at fixing this.  It makes the test pass, but I
>> have the feeling that more complex ones might need more work.

> Here's another one with three main differences:

Hmm.  The bespoke code for constructing the attno map bothers me;
surely there is existing code that does that?  If not, it'd still
make more sense to factor it out, I think, because there will be
other needs for it in future.

Otherwise, this seems sound in terms of fixing the observed problem,
but what are the implications for event triggers exactly?  Does a
trigger see only the original expression, or only the modified expression,
or ???