Re: Postgresql9.6 type cache invalidation issue - different behave of psql and pg regress

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql9.6 type cache invalidation issue - different behave of psql and pg regress
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> In interactive mode, the build_row_from_class has unrefreshed metadata. But
> why this behave I see only in psql and not in my regress tests?

The short answer is that no plpgsql version before commit 4b93f5799
will have nice behavior for cases where you change a referenced composite
type between calls.  Why that's translating to the particular behavior
you're seeing isn't clear, considering you showed only one case in
detail; but I imagine it's because a parse of the plpgsql function
happens before the ALTER TABLE in one case and not the other.
Perhaps you have different settings of check_function_bodies,
for instance.