Re: InitDB: Bad system call

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: InitDB: Bad system call
Дата
Список pgsql-general
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Torsten_Z=FChlsdorff?= <foo@meisterderspiele.de> writes:
> The problems are known and i already have taken care of it. As written
> at the beginning i already have two jails at the server with running
> postgresql-instances.
> Normally you have to tweak up the IPC-Params and use different user-ids
> for each postgres-user to avoid the problem with the shared memory.
> Thats why my problem is very strange. I never run into such a problem
> and i run nearly a dozen postgresqls in jails at different FreeBSDs.

Now that I'm a bit more awake, I do notice something interesting about
that stack trace: the shmctl() is being executed to see whether a shared
memory segment ID mentioned in postmaster.pid still exists.  This
implies that some previous incarnation of the postmaster got as far as
writing postmaster.pid, which implies that it successfully executed
shmget() and shmat(), and then crashed later.  The simplest explanation
I can think of is that it's *only* shmctl that is malfunctioning, not
the other SysV shared memory calls.  Which is even weirder, and
definitely seems to move the problem into the category of kernel bug
rather than configuration mistake.

I concur with the upthread suggestion that you need to update your
FreeBSD instance.