Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL still for Linux only?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Tim Allen <tim@proximity.com.au> writes:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> This is a troll, isn't it?

> Perhaps it's a 419 :-). But if so I can't see the catch yet - must be
> very subtle.

Nothing very subtle about it.  In the first place, I'm not going to
waste my breath debating anyone who thinks "Linux" == "every Unix-ish
platform".  In the second, I'm not going to waste my breath debating
anyone who thinks that Windows is now, or is likely to soon become, a
reasonable platform to run a production database on.  We are supporting
Windows as a Postgres platform for the benefit of developers who want to
do testing on their laptops (and for reasons best known to themselves
feel a need to run Windows on their laptops).  If anyone comes to me and
says "I lost data because I was running PG on Windows", I'm going to say
"you picked the wrong OS" not "you picked the wrong database".