Re: A bug when use get_bit() function for a long bytea string

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A bug when use get_bit() function for a long bytea string
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Daniel Verite" <daniel@manitou-mail.org> writes:
> So aside from the integer overflow bug, isn't there the issue that the
> "offset" argument of get_bit() and set_bit() should have been an
> int8 in the first place?

Good point, but a fix for that wouldn't be back-patchable.

It does suggest that we should just make all the internal logic use int8
for these values (as the solution to the overflow issue), and then in
HEAD only, adjust the function signatures so that int8 can be passed in.