Re: Log of CREATE USER statement

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Log of CREATE USER statement
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Fri, 2005-12-09 at 19:41 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Maybe we should provide a backslash command in psql

> That is a good option, but not the only option required.
> There are many reasons to need to supply the password as part of a
> command, rather than an interactive input.

You miss the point entirely.  Normal *use* of a password is not part of
the SQL command language and is already adequately encrypted.  It's only
supplying a new password in CREATE/ALTER USER that has the security
hazard of exposing the password in command logs, pg_stat_activity, etc.
AFAICS, Peter's idea covers that case satisfactorily.