Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Utility database (Was: RE: Autovacuum in the backend)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Magnus Hagander" <mha@sollentuna.net> writes:
> It wouldn't just be "default to connect to", it would also be "location
> for tools to store cluster-wide information". Which makes pg_system a
> slightly more reasonable name in that context, but i certainly have no
> problem with "default" as a name.

Well, where a tool chooses to install stuff is the business of that
tool; there isn't any particular reason to think that default would
suddenly become a preferred choice, I think.

I dislike the name pg_system because it implies that that DB is somehow
special from the point of view of the system ... which is exactly what
it would *not* be.