Re: The new try/catch macros

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: The new try/catch macros
Дата
Re: The new try/catch macros  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Hallgren <thhal@mailblocks.com> writes:
> 1. You use a do {...} while(0) construct to wrap the whole thing. This
> actually makes it impossible to write code that does a try/catch within
> a loop that contains code surrounding it since a continue or break will
> then end up in the wrong place.

A continue or break exiting the construct would do the wrong thing
anyway, so I don't see that removing the do{} is very helpful.  The
point of having it is to make sure that a try/end try block is
syntactically like a statement, rather than like a { ... } construct.

> 3. IMHO, it's a bit ugly to require parenthesis and semicolons at the
> end of the macros.

This isn't really open for debate, because if we don't put that there,
pg_indent will go nuts.