Re: default opclass for jsonb (was Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: default opclass for jsonb (was Re: Call for GIST/GIN/SP-GIST opclass documentation)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05/10/2014 04:42 PM, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Whether the opclasses use hashing to shorten the key is an orthogonal
>> property, and IMHO not as important. To reflect that, I suggest that
>> we name the opclasses:
>>
>> json_path_ops
>> json_value_ops
>>
>> or something along those lines.

> That looks like the first suggestion I've actually liked and that users
> will be able to understand.

I'd prefer to stick with just "jsonb_ops" for the default opclass.
Also, "jsonb_value_ops" is not le mot juste anyway, because that opclass
doesn't just index values it also indexes keys (if I've got the JSON
terminology straight).  However, I could accept renaming jsonb_hash_ops
to jsonb_path_ops, as long as we do it PDQ.