Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: In-core regression tests for replication, cascading, archiving, PITR, etc. Michael Paquier
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Mark Dilger <markdilger@yahoo.com> writes:
> Would it make sense for this to just be part of 'make check'?

Probably not, as (I imagine) it will take quite a bit longer than
"make check" does today.  People who are not working on replication
related features will be annoyed if a test cycle starts taking 10X
longer than it used to, for tests of no value to them.

It's already not the case that "make check" runs every available
automated test; the isolation tests, the PL tests, the contrib
tests are all separate.

There is a make check-world, which I think should reasonably run
all of these.