Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I looked at that option.  If the section was a hash reference,
> "#section_name", we could just add another hash, but in this case the
> section name is part of the file name:
>     https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/default-roles.html

Yeah, <sect1> IDs propagate into HTML page names.

> We can make that work in a backward-compatible way by changing the
> displayed section title, but not the file name.  I am not sure if that
> would confuse people though.

I think that's a really bad idea.

> We could also add a redirect at the web
> server level, but then you have to start to wonder whether the entire
> rename clarification is worth it for back branches.

Well, this is a question for the www list not here.  It might be a lot
easier for them to support a redirect that works the same across all
branches ... or then again, maybe not.  But we have to have a redirect,
else external links pointing at this page will be broken.

We have done page renames with redirects in the past, if memory serves,
so it's possible.  But I don't know details.

Сообщение: Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles
Сообщение: Re: Documentation: 21.5. Default Roles