Re: Auto-vectorization speeds up multiplication of large-precision numerics

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Auto-vectorization speeds up multiplication of large-precision numerics
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> We normally don't compile with -O3, so very few users would get the
> benefit of this.

Yeah.  I don't think changing that baseline globally would be a wise move.

> We have CFLAGS_VECTOR for the checksum code.  I
> suppose if we are making the numeric code vectorizable as well, we
> should apply this there also.

> I think we need a bit of a policy decision from the group here.

I'd vote in favor of applying CFLAGS_VECTOR to specific source files
that can benefit.  We already have experience with that and we've not
detected any destabilization potential.

(I've not looked at this patch, so don't take this as a +1 for this
specific patch.)