Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Solaris getopt_long and PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chuck McDevitt <cmcdevitt@greenplum.com> writes:
> This is because MAC, BSD and GNU getopt_long permutes the arguments, and our getopt_long does not.

AFAIK those all work by scribbling on the original argv[] array, a
behavior that seems pretty risky from a portability standpoint.
Since our port/ module is only going to get used on old platforms with
no or broken getopt_long(), it needs to be pretty conservative about
what it assumes the system environment can handle.