Re: Postgresql crash- any ideas?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgresql crash- any ideas?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Michael Guerin <guerin@rentec.com> writes:
> FATAL:  block 26 of 1663/17228/3425958479 is still referenced (local 2)
> LOG:  server process (PID 1887) exited with exit code 1

After some contemplation of the source code I was able to isolate a
possibly-related failure case:

regression=# create temp table foo (f1 int) on commit delete rows;
CREATE TABLE
regression=# begin;
BEGIN
regression=# insert into foo values(1);
INSERT 1926679 1
regression=# insert into foo values(2);
INSERT 1926680 1
regression=# declare c cursor for select * from foo;
DECLARE CURSOR
regression=# fetch 1 from c;
 f1
----
  1
(1 row)

regression=# commit;
ERROR:  block 0 of 1663/1788591/1926677 is still referenced (local 2)
regression=#

but as you can see this isn't FATAL, so I dunno if its the same as what
you are seeing.

This particular bug occurs because of a wrong order of operations during
COMMIT: we ought to close cursors *before* executing ON COMMIT actions.