Announcing PGEE - CYBERTEC PostgreSQL Enterprise Edition

От Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Тема Announcing PGEE - CYBERTEC PostgreSQL Enterprise Edition
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
Announcing PGEE - CYBERTEC PostgreSQL Enterprise Edition

CYBERTEC proudly announces the availability of PGEE, our CYBERTEC PostgreSQL
Enterprise Edition. PGEE adds various security features over standard
PostgreSQL as well as over PostgreSQL TDE (Transparent Data Encryption). This
edition of PostgreSQL is explicitly targeting companies which are in need of
additional security features, more performance, and better support services.

Feature highlights:
-------------------

PGEE offers a variety of additional features on top of what
standard PostgreSQL has to offer:

Security:
=========

   - "Transparent Data Encryption”
     Data is automatically encrypted on disk, providing higher levels of security
     to enterprises and professional users.

   - "Data masking and obfuscation" PGEE offers functionality to cypher data
     before passing it to developers. There is no more need to give real
     customer data to potentially untrustworthy people.

   - Automatic PL/pgSQL code encryption
     PGEE keeps your business logic safe and stores it in encrypted format.
     Protect your intellectual property from potential competitors.

   - Time related permission
     Make sure that structural changes can only happen at certain, predefined times.
     Protect yourself against intruders. Record and report critical incidents.

Performance:
============

   - Adaptive query optimization:
     The optimizer will learn from past behavior and adjust future estimates to
     speed up queries. We use modern AI technology to create better and faster
     execution plans.

   - Advanced default optimization
     Make use of our improved default configuration. Even if you do not tune
     PostgreSQL, it will run faster out-of-the-box by using less conservative
     performance parameters.

   - Intel hardware acceleration
     Encryption is faster than ever before by tapping into the performance
     benefits of Intel hardware acceleration.

Job scheduling:
===============

   - Full support for pg_timetable
     Run jobs directly in the database. Combine database- as well as OS jobs
     in a single transaction-aware tool.

   - Avoid table bloat automatically
     pg_squeeze removes table bloating more effectively than any other tool
     and will automatically return space to the storage system, if desired
     with minimal locking overhead.

Monitoring:
===========

   - Full support for pgwatch2
     PGEE comes with pre-configured pgwatch2 monitoring which is state of the
     art PostgreSQL monitoring. All database vitals can be checked and
     visualized.

   - Automatic incident inspection
     pg_deep_lense can track suspicious events and automatically launch
     inspection jobs to analyze and gather information directly when something
     suspicious happens.

Support:
========

24/7 Enterprise Support is included. This means you are covered at all times. We
take care of any bug fixes, slow queries, and can assist you with backups,
restoring and troubleshooting. We also support you with monitoring, upgrading or
security checks. Additionally, you will benefit from included consulting hours,
discounted training and a dedicated contact person.

Supported platforms
-------------------

We support:
   - RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
   - CentOS
   - Debian
   - Ubuntu Docker containers are also available.

Getting PGEE:

If you want to learn more about CYBERTEC PGEE check out our website
or contact our sales team which is more than eager to help: sales@cybertec.at

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
Gröhrmühlgasse 26, A-2700 Wiener Neustadt