Re: performance issue: logical operators are slow inside SQL function: missing optimalization?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: performance issue: logical operators are slow inside SQL function: missing optimalization?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 11:23:29AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It has nothing to do with boolean operators, just double evaluation.

> I was wondering, wouldn't it be possible to avoid the double evaluation
> by simply creating an extra slot for the intermediate value.

Possibly, but the trick would be to figure out when to evaluate the
values so that it would still behave the same as without inlining.
I don't think the existing Param mechanism could do this without
some additional help.

Сообщение: Re: performance issue: logical operators are slow inside SQL function: missing optimalization?
Сообщение: Re: performance issue: logical operators are slow inside SQL function: missing optimalization?