Re: Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
"Billy G. Allie" <Bill.Allie@mug.org> writes:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> Sounds interesting, but isn't "pgsql" an extremely unfortunate choice of
>> name, given that it's already used as an abbreviation for "PostgreSQL"?

> PgSQL is the name of the module you import in Python to access a PostgreSQL
> database from Python using the DB-API 2.0.  The project name on SourceForge
> is "Python Interface to PostgreSQL".  Of course, it there is too much heart
> burn with the modules name, I can change it.

FWIW, my initial reaction was the same as Peter's: that name is certain
to cause confusion.  I don't want to try to force you to change it, but
I think it's not a good choice.

Don't have a better alternative to offer offhand, however.

Сообщение: Re: Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL
Сообщение: Re: Announcing PgSQL - a Python DB-API 2.0 compliant interface to PostgreSQL