Re: BUG #6299: pg_dump, pg_dumpall - Problem with the order of backup functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #6299: pg_dump, pg_dumpall - Problem with the order of backup functions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
lindebg <lindebg@gmail.com> writes:
> On 11/19/2011 04:34 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Color me skeptical.  Under what conceivable use-case could you have
>> functions that were mutually dependent in that way?  And actually did
>> something useful (not recurse till stack overflow) when called?

> Does this mean that this situation will not be handled by pg_dump /
> pg_restore?

If you can convince me that there is some actual real-world use case for
a situation like this, I might think about complicating pg_dump to the
point where it would handle it.  If it's only an artificial corner case,
I don't think that the added complexity (and ensuing long-term
maintenance costs, plus risk of new bugs) is worth it.