Re: utf8 encoding problem with plperlu

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: utf8 encoding problem with plperlu
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Ronald Peterson <ron@hub.yellowbank.com> writes:
> This does work for strings that don't contain consecutive zeroes.  I'm not
> really passing the string to PostgreSQL, but to Net::LDAP, but it must hit
> PostgreSQL anyway?  Active Directory requires this encoding, so I'm not
> sure what to do here.

Hm, well, the concrete example you showed involved passing the string to
elog(), which definitely will complain if what it's fed isn't legal data
according to the database encoding; as would any other attempt to push
data into the Postgres server environment.  I don't see why operations
that are strictly within Perl would have a problem, though.