Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2015-05-24 12:17:35 -0700, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
>> Having gone to the trouble of making the parser support this stuff (in
>> a way that makes us not follow the SQL standard in a couple of
>> places), we ought to have a similar capability for jsonb. I haven't
>> looked into it, but it seems like a good project for 9.6. I'm not
>> volunteering to undertake the project, though.

> I'm not convinced. The array stuff requires ugly contortions in a bunch
> of places, and it's likely going to be worse for jsonb.

FWIW, I've got some interest myself in the idea of allowing subscripting
syntax to be applied to things other than plain arrays, which I think is
what Peter is proposing here.  You could imagine applying it to hstore,
for example, and ending up with something that acts like a Perl hash
(and even performs similarly, once you'd invented an expanded-object
representation for hstore).  Coming up with a non-ugly API for datatypes
would be the hard part.

Сообщение: Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable
Сообщение: Re: jsonb concatenate operator's semantics seem questionable