Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array
Дата
Re: final patch - plpgsql: for-in-array  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 7:08 PM, Jaime Casanova <jaime@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> i will start the review of this one... but before that sorry for
>> suggesting this a bit later but about using UNNEST as part of the
>> sintax?

> Does for-in-array do what unnset does?

Yes, which begs the question of why bother at all.  AFAICS this patch
simply allows you to replace
for x in select unnest(array_value) loop

with
for x in unnest array_value loop

(plus or minus a parenthesis or so).  I do not think we need to add a
bunch of code and create even more syntactic ambiguity (FOR loops are
already on the hairy edge of unparsability) to save people from writing
"select".