Re: Bug in FOREIGN KEY

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug in FOREIGN KEY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp> writes:
> Because I don't know details about trigger stuff, I may be
> misunderstanding.  As far as I see,  KEY_CHANGED stuff
> requires to log every event about logged tuples.

I just realized that myself.  The code was still doing it the hard
way (eg, logging *both* before and after events for each tuple),
but it does seem necessary to log all events if there is either an
UPDATE or DELETE deferred trigger.

> However I'm suspicious if KEY_CHANGED check is necessary.
> Removing KEY_CHANGED stuff seems to solve the TODO
>   FOREIGN KEY INSERT & UPDATE/DELETE in transaction "change violation"
> though it may introduce other bugs.

I suspect it just masks the problem by preventing the trigger code
from executing ...