Re: Postgres DB

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Postgres DB
Дата
Re: Error Number in Function  ("Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
DATEADD  ("Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
EXECUTing QUERY:  ("Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
Re: Postgres DB  ("Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
Execute Query in Postgres Function  ("Sumita Biswas (sbiswas)" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
Unicode Support  ("Sumita Biswas (sbiswas)" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
CURSORS - Please help urgent.  ("Sumita Biswas (sbiswas)" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
Postgres DB  ("Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
"Sumita Biswas" <sbiswas@cisco.com> writes:
> But when I type the command "psql" and don't specify a DB name, it says
> that:
> psql: FATAL:  Database "postgres" does not exist in the system catalog.

Yes, because psql's default behavior is to try to connect to the DB with
the same name as your user name.  That doesn't mean that such a DB is
guaranteed to exist, or even that anything is going to try to create it
for you.  It's just a default behavior that people have found handy.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: