Re: Re: [BUGS] libpq does not manage SSL callbacks properly when other libraries are involved.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [BUGS] libpq does not manage SSL callbacks properly when other libraries are involved.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> This is not something we would typically backpatch because of the danger
>> of introducing some unexpected change in libpq.  We can provide a patch
>> to anyone who needs it, or if the community wants it backpatched I can
>> certainly do that.

> It isn't?  It does seem like a bug, which we do typically backpatch ...

Well, it's a risk-reward tradeoff.  In this case it seems like there's
a nontrivial risk of creating new bugs against fixing a problem that
evidently affects very few people.  I concur with Bruce's feeling that
we shouldn't backpatch ... at least not now.  Once the patch has been
through beta testing we could reconsider.