Re: 9.6 and fsync=off

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 9.6 and fsync=off
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> On 2 May 2016 at 22:07, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I also think that it would be a swell idea to detect whether a system
>> has ever crashed with fsync=off, and do something about that, like
>> maybe bleat on every subsequent startup for the lifetime of the
>> cluster.

> Yes. Very, very yes.

+1 for tracking this in pg_control (maybe even with a counter, not
just a flag).  I'm less convinced that we need to bleat on every
subsequent startup though --- that seems like just nagging.
Having the info available from pg_controldata seems sufficient for
forensics.

The timestamp ideas aren't bad either.

BTW, how would this work in a standby server?