Re: 8.4 open items list

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.4 open items list
Дата
Re: 8.4 open items list  (Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 8:47 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> Now is the time to decide, before the PostgreSQL beta is out. I understand
>> the pain inflicted on tools, but I don't think that's a good reason to not
>> change it. People using a beta version of pgAdmin will should understand
>> that it's not final yet and there can be small glitches like that.

> It's not about the changes the users see, it's about invalidating the
> testing that's been done on the tools & interfaces and requiring last
> minute changes to be made followed by re-testing.

Personally I think the naming decision is close enough to be a coin
toss, and so either choice is fine with me.  However, I think it is
Clearly Unacceptable for createdb's switches to be spelled differently
than the underlying SQL command's options.  So it's not really "let's
not change this" but "which one do you consider it more important to not
change"?