Re: Configuration tips for very large database

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: Configuration tips for very large database
Дата
Re: Configuration tips for very large database
Список pgsql-performance
Nico Sabbi <nicola.sabbi@poste.it> wrote:

> Queries get executed very very slowly, say 20 minutes.

> I'd like to know if someone has already succeeded in running
> postgres with 200-300M records with queries running much faster
> than this.

If you go to the http://wcca.wicourts.gov/ web site, bring up any
case, and click the "Court Record Events" button, it will search a
table with hundreds of millions of rows.  The table is not
partitioned, but has several indexes on it which are useful for
queries such as the one that is used when you click the button.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com