Re: [HACKERS] Server crash due to SIGBUS(Bus Error) when trying to access the memory created using dsm_create().

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Server crash due to SIGBUS(Bus Error) when trying to access the memory created using dsm_create().
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Server crash due to SIGBUS(Bus Error) when trying toaccess the memory created using dsm_create().  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
I wrote:
> Hmm, so I tested this patch on my RHEL6 box (kernel 2.6.32) and it
> immediately fell over with
> 2017-09-25 14:23:48.410 EDT [325] FATAL:  could not resize shared memory segment "/PostgreSQL.1682054886" to 6928
bytes:Operation not supported
> during startup.  I wonder whether we need to round off the request.

Nope, rounding off doesn't help.  What does help is using posix_fallocate
instead.  I surmise that glibc knows something we don't about how to call
fallocate(2) successfully on this kernel version.

Rather than dig into the guts of glibc to find that out, though, I think
we should just s/fallocate/posix_fallocate/g on this patch.  The argument
for using the former seemed pretty thin to begin with.