Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: TODO Item: Consider allowing control of upper/lower case folding of unquoted, identifiers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> "Martijn van Oosterhout" <kleptog@svana.org> writes:
>> Will this change break my code?

> Well, DBI already has to deal with this anyways because it tries to provide a
> database-independent interface. So you can instruct DBI to upcase, downcase,
> or leave the identifiers as the database provides them by setting this
> property on your database connection:

That's not a solution, that's a kluge with very obvious failure modes.

Now admittedly it's probably not *likely* that someone would use
identifiers differing only in case in a single table definition.
But it's legal, and in fact we're required by spec to support it.