Re: executing prepared select, missing RowDescription info

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: executing prepared select, missing RowDescription info
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kris Jurka <books@ejurka.com> writes:
> When executing a prepared select statement, the returned RowDescription
> protocol message does not have any information for the table oid or column
> position.  Running the equivalent select without prepare provides this
> information, so I don't see why the act of preparing and executing the
> statement removes this valuable data.  Any insight on why it isn't there
> or how to fix it?

Fixing this would be a tad messy, because the information is not
propagated up through a utility-statement Portal.  I guess I would ask
why you're using EXECUTE at all; it's considerably less efficient than
invoking the prepared statement via the protocol-level operation for
doing so (Bind, then Execute).