Re: GNU readline and BSD license

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Adam Haberlach <adam@newsnipple.com> writes:
>     RMS already made a big stink about this, claiming that BeOS's use
> of an emulation layer to link to some GPL'ed network drivers was enough
> to force the GPL'ing of the kernel.

Did BeOS make distributions that included the GPL'd code?
Was the GPL'd code essential for useful use of their system?

We can answer "no" to both of those points for Postgres vs. readline,
so the Be case doesn't look like precedent to me.

Сообщение: Re: GNU readline and BSD license
Сообщение: Re: GNU readline and BSD license