Re: purge hash table, how to?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: purge hash table, how to?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
huaxin zhang <uwcssa@gmail.com> writes:
> I want to purge all contents in the bufferpool,

Why do you think that's a good idea?  It certainly won't purge the
kernel's disk caches, so if you're hoping to restore the system to
ground zero this won't do it.

> and I did this by
> calling "InitBufTable(256)" (buf_table.c)  after each query.

Let's see ... I'd expect that to run out of shared memory pretty soon,
but not till after it's thoroughly corrupted your database ;-)

There is no API exported by bufmgr.c that does what you want.  Something
like a combination of FlushRelationBuffers and DropRelFileNodeBuffers,
but processing a whole database (see also DropBuffers) or the whole buffer
cache, might work.  You can't drop a buffer that some other process has
pinned, however.