Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
henk de wit <henk53602@hotmail.com> writes:
> For performance reasons (obviously ;)) I'm experimenting with parallel restore in PG 8.4. I grabbed the latest source
snapshot(of today, March 30) and compiled this with zlib support. I dumped a DB from PG 8.3.5 (using maximum
compression).I got this message however:
> postgres@mymachine:/home/henk/postgresql-8.4/bin$ time
> ./pg_restore -p 5434 -h localhost -U henk -d db_test -j 8 -Fc
> /home/henk/test-databases/dumps/db_test.custom
> pg_restore: [archiver] WARNING: archive is compressed, but this
> installation does not support compression -- no data will be available
> pg_restore: [archiver] cannot restore from compressed archive (compression
> not supported in this installation)

As far as one can tell from here, you built *without* zlib support.
This is unrelated to parallel restore as such.

От: henk de wit
Сообщение: How to get parallel restore in PG 8.4 to work?
От: Greg Smith
Сообщение: Re: Strange behavior: pgbench and new Linux kernels