Re: doc: modify the comment in function libpqrcv_check_conninfo()

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: doc: modify the comment in function libpqrcv_check_conninfo()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2024/07/01 18:15, Jelte Fennema-Nio wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 at 12:27, ikedarintarof
> <ikedarintarof@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:
>> Thanks for your suggestion. I used ChatGPT to choose the wording, but
>> it's still difficult for me.
>
> Looks good to me now (but obviously biased since you took my wording).

LGTM, too.

  * Validate connection info string, and determine whether it might cause
  * local filesystem access to be attempted.

The later part of the above comment for libpqrcv_check_conninfo()
seems unclear. My understanding is that if must_use_password is true
and this function completes without error, the password must be
in the connection string, so there's no need to read the .pgpass file
(i.e., no local filesystem access). That part seems to be trying to
explaing something like that. Is this correct?

Anyway, wouldn't it be better to either remove this unclear part or
rephrase it for clarity?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao