Re: broken regress tests on fedora 36

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: broken regress tests on fedora 36
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Shouldn't we reset the locale setting (LC_NUMERIC?) to a known value?
> We clearly already do that for other categories, or it wouldn't say "Time:".

pg_regress.c and Utils.pm force LC_MESSAGES to C, explaining

     * Set translation-related settings to English; otherwise psql will
     * produce translated messages and produce diffs.

While that seems clearly necessary, I'm inclined to think that we
should not mess with the user's LC_XXX environment more than we
absolutely must.  pg_regress only resets the rest of that if you
say --no-locale, an option the TAP infrastructure lacks.

In short, I think the committed fix is better than this proposal.