Re: BUG #5504: cache lookup failed for function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #5504: cache lookup failed for function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Jan Merka" <merka@highsphere.net> writes:
> After installing postgresql 8.4.4 from sources, I am getting an error
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 2071

> Test case:

> SELECT date '2010-01-01'  + interval '1 month';
> ERROR:  cache lookup failed for function 2071

Works for me:

psql (8.4.4)
Type "help" for help.

regression=# SELECT date '2010-01-01'  + interval '1 month';
      ?column?
 2010-02-01 00:00:00
(1 row)

The error indicates a failure to fetch the pg_proc entry for
date_pl_interval, which might indicate system catalog corruption,
or it might mean there is something wrong with your postgres executable.
Can you do the command in other database(s) in the same installation?
What do you get from "select * from pg_proc where oid = 2071;" ?
(If nothing, also try it with enable_indexscan and enable_bitmapscan
turned off.)