Re: Improving REINDEX for system indexes (long)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Improving REINDEX for system indexes (long)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sat, Sep 27, 2003 at 06:37:22PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't see any way to avoid that, though, since we cannot change the
>> relfilenode value for a shared index.

> What about creating a separate filenode anyway and renaming the files
> afterwards?  It would not be an atomic operation anyway, but it would be
> better than the current setup IMHO.

I think it would be difficult to persuade the buffer manager and storage
manager to work with this; from their point of view you'd be moving a
relation underneath them.  I doubt it's really worth the trouble; how
often do you need to reindex a shared catalog?

Сообщение: Re: Improving REINDEX for system indexes (long)
Сообщение: Re: Improving REINDEX for system indexes (long)