Re: To whom an SSL client crt (postgresql.crt) is issued

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: To whom an SSL client crt (postgresql.crt) is issued
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
k.p.d.lehre@medisin.uio.no writes:
> The docs do not mention that the client crt has to be issued
> to the user trying to log on. Isn't it a point TO WHOM the client crt is
> issued? Is this the way it is meant to be?

Restricting that would require assumptions-not-in-evidence about
certificate issuers using names that sync with database user names.
But perhaps more to the point, Postgres does not use SSL certificates
as a user authentication mechanism, only as a transport privacy
mechanism.  Using SSL is not sufficient grounds for deciding you
can use "trust" auth mode.