Re: Interesting fail when migrating Pg from Ubuntu Bionic to Focal

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Interesting fail when migrating Pg from Ubuntu Bionic to Focal
Дата
Список pgsql-general
hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> writes:
> Got focal box up. Loaded schema for Pg.
> Initially select didn't break anything, but when I tuned down
> jit_above_cost so that it will kick in - got fails immediately.

Hmph.  I tried two more builds:

* downgraded llvm to llvm-9, compiled PG 12 from source

* installed postgresql-12.10-1.pgdg20.04+1 from pgdg repo

Neither of those configurations fail for me, so either
it's been fixed since 12.9, or (more likely) there is
something to your test case beyond what you've mentioned.

(I guess a long-shot possibility is that my raspberry pi 3B+
is sufficiently different hardware from your box as to not
see the problem.  Doubt that though.)

Can you create a self-contained test case?