Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes

От Yugo Nagata
Тема Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Thu, 9 May 2024 00:03:50 -0400
Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:

> I have committed the first draft of the PG 17 release notes;  you can
> see the results here:
>
>     https://momjian.us/pgsql_docs/release-17.html
>
> It will be improved until the final release.  The item count is 188,
> which is similar to recent releases:
>
>     release-10:  189
>     release-11:  170
>     release-12:  180
>     release-13:  178
>     release-14:  220
>     release-15:  184
>     release-16:  206
>     release-17:  188
>
> I welcome feedback.  For some reason it was an easier job than usual.

I found the following in the release notes:

 Change file boundary handling of two WAL file name functions
 (Kyotaro Horiguchi, Andres Freund, Bruce Momjian)

 The functions pg_walfile_name() and pg_walfile_name_offset() used to report the previous
 LSN segment number when  the LSN was on a file segment boundary; it now returns the LSN segment.

It might be trivial, but, reading the associated commit message , I think it would be more explicit
for users to rewrite the last statement to

"it now returns the current LSN segment."

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo Nagata <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>