Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: XID formatting and SLRU refactorings (was: Add 64-bit XIDs into PostgreSQL 15)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 23, 2024 at 06:01:44PM +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> Hearing nothing but cicadas as now is their season, I have taken the
> initiative here to address this open item.
>
> 0001 felt a bit too complicated in slru.h, so I have simplified it and
> kept all the details in slru.c with SlruFileName().
>
> I have reviewed all the code that uses SLRUs, and spotted three more
> problematic code paths in predicate.c that needed an update like the
> others for some pagenos.  I've added these, and applied 0002.  We
> should be good now.

I'm still seeing need for s/int/int64/ at:

- "pagesegno" variable
- return value of MultiXactIdToOffsetSegment()
- return value of MXOffsetToMemberSegment()
- callers of previous two

Only the first should be a live bug, since multixact isn't electing the higher
pageno ceiling.