Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations

От Sutou Kouhei
Тема Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Yong,

Thanks for joining this thread!

In <453D52D4-2AC5-49F6-928D-79F8A4C0850E@ebay.com>
  "Re: Make COPY format extendable: Extract COPY TO format implementations" on Mon, 22 Jul 2024 07:11:15 +0000,
  "Li, Yong" <yoli@ebay.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that the provided v17 patch aims to achieve the followings:
> - Retain existing format implementations as built-in formats, and do not go through the new interface for them.
> - Make sure that there is no sign of performance degradation.
> - Refactoring the existing code to make it easier and possible to make copy handlers extensible. However, some of the
infrastructurework that are required to make copy handler extensible are intentionally delayed for future patches. Some
ofthe work were proposed as patches in earlier messages, but they were not explicitly referenced in recent messages.

Right.

Sorry for bothering you. As Tomas suggested, I should have
prepared the current summary.

My last e-mail summarized the current information:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/20240722.164540.889091645042390373.kou%40clear-code.com#0be14c4eeb041e70438ab7a423b728da

It also shows that your understanding is right.

Thanks,
--
kou

От: jian he
Сообщение: Re: Virtual generated columns
От: Ertan Küçükoglu
Сообщение: Re: Windows default locale vs initdb