Re: 010_pg_basebackup.pl vs multiple filesystems

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: 010_pg_basebackup.pl vs multiple filesystems
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-07-08 16:45:42 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 7, 2024 at 3:02 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > While working on [1] I encountered the issue that, on github-actions,
> > 010_pg_basebackup.pl fails on windows.
> >
> > The reason for that is that github actions uses two drives, with TMP/TEMP
> > located on c:, the tested code on d:.  This causes the following code to fail:
> >
> >   # Create a temporary directory in the system location.
> >   my $sys_tempdir = PostgreSQL::Test::Utils::tempdir_short;
>
> Whatever we end up doing about this, it would be a good idea to check
> the other places that use tempdir_short and see if they also need
> adjustment.

FWIW, this was the only test that failed due to TMP being on a separate
partition.

I couldn't quite enable all tests (PG_TEST_EXTRA including libpq_encryption
fails due to some gssapi issue, kerberos fails due to paths being wrong / not
set up for windows, load_balance because I haven't set up hostnames), but I
don't think any of the issues around those tests are related.

I did also grep for other uses of tmpdir_short, they all seem to be
differently motivated.

I also looked for uses of rename() in tests. While
src/bin/pg_verifybackup/t/007_wal.pl does move stuff around, it afaict is
always going to be on the same filesystem.

Greetings,

Andres Freund