Re: Avoid incomplete copy string (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Avoid incomplete copy string (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jul-01, Ranier Vilela wrote:

> > -       char            name[MAXPGPATH + 1];
> > +       char            name[MAXPGPATH];/* backup label name */
> >
> > With the introduced use of strlcpy, why do we need to change this field?
> >
> The part about being the only reference in the entire code that uses
> MAXPGPATH + 1.

The bit I don't understand about this discussion is what will happen
with users that currently have exactly 1024 chars in backup names today.
With this change, we'll be truncating their names to 1023 chars instead.
Why would they feel that such change is welcome?